Friday, June 5, 2009

Doing GPS: 101 - "Getting Google Earth 5.0"

Google has finally corrected many of the bugs that were in its Google Earth 5.0 which caused most of our maps to display incorrectly. So, for those of you who have been holding off upgrading there is a new version available.

Additionally, I have heeded the pleas from many of you to produce a screencast about how to download "Earth," install it and set it up to be able to use the free maps which come with many of the "rides" I write about.

Even though I've spent nearly all day browsing the web for tutorials on screencasts, there is still a bit more to be learned I'm sure. The video quality will need to get better as we go along. Click on "play" below to begin the tutorial, and once it has begun click on the square screen icon at the bottom to enlarge the playback area. Please comment and let me know if you have any problems with the download.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I will, of course, be moderating all comments to make sure (a) they conform to the standards of good taste set forth by Offroading Home; and (b) nope that's pretty much it.